From the Vice President for Finance and ManagementPosted: Friday, October 9, 2020
Across-the-Board Increases Delayed
The Governor’s Office of Employee Relations (GOER) has notified all unions that across-the-board increases have been deferred until at least January 1, 2021, for all bargaining units, subject to further review at that time. The current salary schedules remain in place for other bargaining units.
Regarding Discretionary Salary Increases (DSI), we have no information as to a scheduled payment date. Furthermore, this applies to compression and inversion. More information will be forthcoming on the DSI process.
Below is information specific to UUP:
- The 2019 salary schedules (PDF, 1.4 MB) will remain in effect until the raises are paid.
- Adjunct (part-time) faculty and other employees who are rehired in the fall will be rehired without the 2 percent ATB increases in their salaries.
- Salary minimums for adjuncts outlined in the agreement for 2020 will not be implemented until the ATB raises are paid; i.e., 3-credit-hour course @ $2,500 remains in effect.
- The eligibility for increases remains the same and is outlined in the UUP agreement.
- When determining any promotional increases, please be aware that retroactive increases will affect the amount of a promotional increase that is processed.
- When hiring employees from other SUNY campuses, please be aware that increases will be processed across campuses as long as the employee meets the eligibility criteria outlined in the UUP agreement.