Today's MessagePosted: Wednesday, April 1, 2020
Updates to Butler Library Services, Access, and Operations
To help slow the spread of COVID-19 and to protect the health and safety of the campus, Butler Library has instituted several changes. Our librarians, staff, and online resources are ready to support your learning, teaching, and research needs virtually.
All updates are posted to the library's COVID-19 page.
What has changed?
- Butler Library is closed.
- Due dates for anything currently checked out, including laptops, have been extended to May 15. Please disregard any overdue notices.
- We encourage users with current loans to hold on to checked-out items.
- Interlibrary loan of print materials is suspended. If you currently have print material, the return date has been extended.
- Only PC laptops are available for loan to support remote instruction and work. Jeffrey Ventura, assistant director of athletics for sports information, has been designated to assist students with computer- and laptop-related hardware needs. Faculty and staff members should submit a Hardware Request ticket and select Coronavirus/COVID-19 on the ticket drop-down menu.
- Archives and Special Collections is not accepting appointments. Some archive materials are available remotely. Please use the Ask Us service for requests and reference questions.
What is available?
- The StudyQuad computer lab remains open with limited hours for those in need of access to technology via swipe access.
- Librarians are available remotely Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Sunday from noon to 6:00 p.m. via our Ask Us service, which includes phone, e-mail, and live chat options.
- Virtual instruction sessions and research appointments are available.
- Librarians will work with you to identify electronic equivalents of library print resources and to provide access to necessary materials.
- All Library digital resources and services are available. Some vendors have provided expanded or complimentary access to electronic resources.
- Interlibrary loan electronic delivery of documents is available.
Please continue to check the library's COVID-19 page for updates to operations, access to remote services, and helpful resources. We continue to monitor the situation closely and will make further adjustments as needed.
We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we take the necessary measures to ensure the safety and well-being of our community.
Thursday, April 2, 2020
Friday, April 3, 2020