Today's MessagePosted: Thursday, September 20, 2018
Professional Development Workshop: 'Crucial Confrontations: Developing the Skills to Effectively Manage Conflict' - October 12
Please join us for the professional development workshop "Crucial Confrontations: Developing the Skills to Effectively Manage Conflict," presented by Rita Zientek, associate dean of the School of the Professions, on Friday, October 12, from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in Chase Hall 109.
This workshop will cover the following:
- The definition of a crucial confrontation and how it differs from a crucial conversation
- How to decide whether to have a crucial confrontation
- Diagnosing the issue: is it context, pattern, or relationship?
- Determining if the cause is related to ability or motivation
- What to do before, during, and after a crucial confrontation
- Creating a plan for dealing with a necessary personal confrontation
A shorter version of this workshop was offered last spring. Please feel free to attend this workshop even if you attended the previous one. We will review some concepts we covered but will also spend more time on skill development and application for individual situations.
Breakfast will be provided, sponsored by the Buffalo State Chapter of United University Professions. Please register through the Workshop Registration System.
Wednesday, September 26, 2018
Tuesday, October 2, 2018