Today's MessagePosted: Tuesday, January 2, 2018
Online Course Development Certificate Series: J-Term 2018
Learn how to strengthen your online and hybrid skills to enhance your course design and increase student engagement with the Online Course Development Certificate series. These series prepare instructors to design, teach, and enhance online or hybrid courses using best practices of online teaching and learning.
Both the basic and advanced Online Course Development series will be offered to Buffalo State instructors during J-Term in an online asynchronous format. All learning and instructional activities will occur in Blackboard for the duration of the series.
Both series of asynchronous courses will begin Wednesday, January 3, and end Tuesday, January 23. Participants may enroll in one or both series.
The basic Online Course Development series is composed of the following six modules:
- Introduction to Online Teaching and Learning
- Backward Design Step 1: Developing Course Objectives and Priorities
- Backward Design Step 2: Developing Course Assessments
- Backward Design Step 3: Developing the Learning Plan
- Designing and Organizing Your Online Course
- Interaction: Communication and Collaboration
The Advanced Online Course Development series is composed of the following four modules:
- Creating Interactive Content for Your Course
- Authentic Assessment
- Universal Design for Learning
- Open SUNY COTE Quality Review (OSCQR) Rubric
If you have questions or would like more information, please contact Brooke Winckelmann, instructional designer.
Wednesday, January 3, 2018