Today's MessagePosted: Wednesday, September 12, 2018
Online Course Development Certificate Series
The Online Course Development? Certificate series ?prepares instructors to design, teach, and enhance online or hybrid courses using best practices of online teaching and learning. Learn how to strengthen your online and hybrid skills to enhance course design and increase student engagement.?
This fall, both the basic and advanced Online Course Development series will be offered in an online asynchronous format. All learning and instructional activities will occur in Blackboard for the duration of the series.
The basic Online Course Development series is composed of the following six modules:
- Introduction to Online Teaching and Learning
- Backward Design Step 1: Developing Course Objectives and Priorities
- Backward Design Step 2: Developing Course Assessments
- Backward Design Step 3: Developing the Learning Plan
- Designing and Organizing Your Online Course
- Interaction: Communication and Collaboration
The Advanced Online Course Development series is composed of the following four modules:
- Creating Interactive Content for Your Course
- Authentic Assessment
- Universal Design for Learning
- Open SUNY Course Quality Review (OSCQR) Rubric
Both series begin Monday, October 1, and end Friday, November 30. You may enroll in one or both series. The time commitment for this series varies by individual, but averages two to three hours per week.
For more information about the Online Course Development Certificates, please visit the? Instructional Design and Training website.
If you have questions or would like more information, please contact Brooke Winckelmann, instructional designer.
Register for the online asynchronous Online Course Development series through the RITE Self-Service Portal.
Tuesday, September 18, 2018
Tuesday, September 25, 2018