Today's MessagePosted: Wednesday, June 10, 2020
'Leave of Absence/Withdrawal from College' Form Is Now a Qualtrics Survey
In collaboration with Information Technology and Academic Affairs, the Registrar's Office is excited to announce that the "Leave of Absence/Withdrawal from College Request" form is changing from a fillable PDF to a Qualtrics survey. This change offers a number of advantages:
- Students can access and complete the new Qualtrics form from their phones.
- Formatting and completion errors that were affiliated with the use of Internet browsers have been eliminated.
- There is electronic workflow, so department chairs will receive an e-mail and a link that will allow them to review, acknowledge, and submit the student’s request to the Registrar's Office.
- This methodology allows us to ask for additional information and feedback about a student’s experience, providing us some insights for our retention efforts.
- Students who are withdrawing from college will be called by completion coaches who will ask additional follow-up qualitative survey questions to garner more information about their experience at Buffalo State.
This form is only for undergraduate students. Graduate students will continue to use the “Graduate Leave of Absence/Withdrawal from College” form for the next few months.
The survey link, labeled “UG Leave of Absence/Withdrawal from College," can be found on the “Forms and Services” page of the Registrar's Office.” Step-by-step instructions with screen shots for chairs can also be found on that page.
Tuesday, June 16, 2020