Today's MessagePosted: Tuesday, December 17, 2019
Health Insurance Option Transfer Period Ends December 31
Tuesday, December 31, is the final day for employees to change their health insurance option for the 2020 plan year. Employees must complete a Health Insurance Transaction Form (PDF, 78 KB) and submit it to the Employee Benefits Office in Cleveland Hall 410 before December 31. Changes will become effective December 26, 2019.
During the Option Transfer Period, employees may change their NYSHIP option for the next plan year to one of the following:
- The Empire Plan
- A NYSHIP health maintenance organization (HMO). Note: employees must live or work in the HMO’s service area.
- The Opt-Out Program. Note: employees who are represented by UUP are not eligible to participate in this program.
The New York State Employee Benefits Division has announced the new health plan rates, which are posted on the Human Resource Management website. Rates have also been mailed to employees’ home addresses.
The 2020 “Choices" booklet (PDF, 1.8 MB), which gives a comparison of the insurance plans, is also available for review.
The Option Transfer Period also allows employees to make the following changes to their health insurance coverage without a qualifying event:
- Change from family to individual coverage
- Voluntarily cancel coverage
- Change a pre-tax contribution program election (PDF, 151 KB)
No action is required if employees wish to keep their current health insurance option.
For additional information, please call the Employee Benefits Office at 878-4821.
Thursday, December 19, 2019