Today's MessagePosted: Tuesday, December 12, 2017
Faculty Development Opportunity: Online Course Development Certificate Series
Learn how to strengthen your online and hybrid skills to enhance your course design and increase student engagement with the Online Course Development Certificate series. This series prepares instructors to design, teach, and enhance online or hybrid courses?using?best practices?of online teaching and learning.
Both the basic and advanced Online Course Development series will be offered during J-Term in an online asynchronous format. All learning and instructional activities will occur in Blackboard for the duration of the series.
The basic Online Course Development series is composed of the following six modules:
- Introduction to Online Teaching and Learning
- Backward Design Step 1: Developing Course Objectives and Priorities
- Backward Design Step 2: Developing Course Assessments
- Backward Design Step 3: Developing the Learning Plan
- Designing and Organizing Your Online Course
- Interaction: Communication and Collaboration
The Advanced Online Course Development series is composed of the following four modules:
- Creating Interactive Content for Your Course
- Authentic Assessment
- Universal Design for Learning
- Open SUNY COTE Quality Review (OSCQR) Rubric
Both of these asynchronous courses will begin Wednesday, January 3, and will end Tuesday, January 23. Participants may enroll in one or both series.
For more information about the Online Course Development certificates, please visit the?Instructional Design and Training website. If you have questions or would like more information, please contact Brooke Winckelmann, instructional designer.
Wednesday, December 13, 2017
Thursday, December 14, 2017