Today's MessagePosted: Wednesday, September 5, 2018
Due Today: Awards and Grants Information for Faculty and Staff Recognition Ceremony
Today, September 5, is the deadline for submitting your awards and grants information for the annual Faculty and Staff Recognition Ceremony program. Faculty and staff members who received significants awards and grants from September 1, 2017, through August 31, 2018, are invited to submit their information online for potential print in the program that is distributed at the ceremony. Awards and grants meeting the following criteria will be reviewed.
Criteria for Awards
- Yes: Recognized by academic, professional, or service organizations at the international, national, or state levels.
- Yes: Awards; senior officer elections to statewide, national, international organizations; juried competitions; Fulbright Scholarships; etc.
- No: Buffalo State College, WNY, or local organizations or chapters.
- No: Books, chapters, editorials, journal publications, etc.
Criteria for Grants Received
- Yes: $50,000 and above.
- No: Less than $50,000.
- Yes: Received as an individual or received as a group.
Additionally, new faculty and staff members who received SUNY awards such as the Chancellor's Award for Excellence or Distinguished Professorships while serving at other SUNY institutions at any time during their careers may submit that information. Also, the names of newly hired faculty and staff—initially hired September 1, 2017, through August 31, 2018—will be included in the program.
The ceremony will be held on Thursday, October 4, at 12:15 p.m.. in the Performing Arts Center at Rockwell Hall with a reception immediately following. The campus community is invited to attend. Please e-mail Patricia Alessandra, commencement director for academics, with any questions about submitting award or grant information. Current SUNY awards and new hires for 2018 are automatically included in the program and do not need to be submitted.