From the Chief Diversity OfficerPosted: Wednesday, October 24, 2018
Call for Applications: President’s Professional Development Award
I am pleased to announce that President Conway-Turner has dedicated funding to establish the President's Professional Development Award and has convened a Professional Development Award Committee of faculty and staff members to support professional development opportunities for Buffalo State employees.
Professional development opportunities enrich the experiences of all employees. These opportunities allow us to build on our expertise as well as identify best practices and network with others. While it is well understood that professional development opportunities are critical to our success, funding is sometimes limited or otherwise unavailable.
Applications for the President's Professional Development Award must be completed and submitted electronically by the first business day of each month, commencing November 1. The committee will review requests for funding and determine awards monthly. Award recipients will be announced in the Daily Bulletin.
Please submit applications by November 1 or December 3.
Award Selection Criteria
- Applicants must have a statement of support from their director, department chair, or dean, as well as the organizational VP or chief diversity officer.
- Applicants must have at least one calendar year of employment at Buffalo State.
- Applicants must complete the award application and include
a. a summary of how the award affects the campus and ties to the college’s strategic plan (identify which measure);
b. a summary or itemization of other funds received or requested from the department or other area;
c. a conference announcement (please provide name, date, and location of conference; include conference website, agenda, and whether you are presenting or attending an organization-affiliated meeting).
Award Recipient Selection Process and Timeline
- All award nominations must be submitted online by 5:00 p.m. on the first business day of each month (November 1 and December 3, 2018). Request for professional development funds received after the first of the month will be reviewed with the following month’s award requests.
- Award recipients will be selected by the President’s Professional Development Award Committee using the following process:
a. A rubric reflecting the selection criteria will be used to award funding. The selection and award of funding will be based on the thoroughness in addressing the award selection criteria.
b. The committee will review and award funding.
- Award applicants will be informed if their requests were selected for funding. The maximum allowable award is $500 per applicant, per calendar year. The award recipients for each month will be selected by the President’s Professional Development Award Committee and announced in the Daily Bulletin by President Conway-Turner.
Thursday, October 25, 2018
Friday, October 26, 2018