From the ProvostPosted: Thursday, December 21, 2017
Call for Applications: Supplemental Instruction Coordinator
As part of our continued effort to increase student retention, we will be looking to expand our pilot Supplemental Instruction program for the 20172018 academic year. If you are interested in serving as the SI coordinator, please send me a brief (no more than one page) letter of interest by Friday, January 27. The coordinator will begin working with the program in June 2017, with the occasional meeting during the spring semester.
Supplemental Instruction (SI) Coordinator
Open to full-time Buffalo State faculty members.
As a part of the Academic Achievement Center team, the supplemental instruction (SI) coordinator will work in coordination with colleagues in Academic Support Services to expand and coordinate the application of SI at Buffalo State.
Length of appointment
One year, renewable.
- be or become fully informed on best practices for SI,
- recruit student supplemental instructors,
- conduct and coordinate training of supplemental instructors,
- conduct and coordinate training of faculty members who teach courses for which SI is included,
- evaluate supplemental instructors,
- assess effectiveness of SI sections.
Summer stipend and course release in fall and spring semesters.
Friday, January 27, 2017